During the summer months, I am always looking for light desserts that I can throw together in a matter of minutes. This one uses one of my all-time favorite cookies and fresh, local berries.
Vanilla Wafer and Berry Parfaits
Vanilla Wafers (about 10 per parfait)
Strawberries, hulled and sliced
Whipped cream (canned or homemade, or non-dairy whipped topping such as Cool Whip)
Mints sprigs as garnish (optional)
1. In dessert dishes or small juice glasses, crumble a layer of vanilla wafers (about 3-5 cookies
depending on the circumference of the glass)
2. Layer 2-3 generous dollops of whipped cream on top of vanilla wafers.
3. Top with various berries.
4. Repeat layers until you reach the top of the glass, making sure to end with a layer of berries on top.
5. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Advice Around the House Baking Beauty Best Online Reads Birchbox Birthdays Blogging Events Blogs Books Cats Children's Books Children's Clothing Christmas Cocktails DIY Projects Entertaining Fabulous Finds Family Time Fashion Fitness Food Friday's Fresh Picks Fun Projects for Kids Gift Guide Giveaway Go Green Good Causes Great Gifts Holidays Home Decor Just for Fun Just The Girls Letter From the Editor Life Life Lately Memories Menu Plan New Jersey Objects of My Obsession Parties Pets Product Review Random Ramblings Recipes Seasons Shoes Skincare Starbucks Stonyfield Summer Things I Can't Live Without Travel Type 1 Diabetes Videos Weekend Dispatch What I Want Where I Write Why Me? Wine Wordless Wednesday You Can't Make This Stuff Up Zoo