When the time comes to redecorate your child’s bedroom, your little one will be incredibly excited. The idea of having their old bedroom transformed into a fun and exciting place is an incredibly exciting concept for a child.
My girls are always eager to change up their bedrooms. From re-arranging the furniture to swapping out the bedding to switching the color scheme, they love making frequent changes.
While you may want to design your child a bedroom that is a fun and exciting place to be, you may not know how to go about this. Here are a few tips for designing a fun and exciting bedroom for your child.
1. Ask your child if there is anything they want in their new roomSit down with your child and ask them if there is anything that they want in their new bedroom. Such as a desk to homework on or a bean bag to chill out on. If your child would like a bean bag, check out http://comfysacks.com for some great child-friendly designs.
Before starting on the design of your child’s new bedroom, make sure to discuss it with them first.
2. Don’t just use paintInstead of just painting the entire room in one color, paint two walls in a bright, bold color and leave the other walls plain. You can then use prints or wallpaper to add style to them. For example, for a little girl’s room, painting two of the walls pink and then placing large flower prints on the other two walls would look great.
If you are unable to paint the walls because you live in a rental property, there are plenty of other ways you can add color to the space. One of the best ways to do this is by using bright, bold accessories.
3. Choose brightly colored curtainsDon’t opt for plain curtains, instead go for curtains that are bright and colorful. Choosing bright colored curtains will give the room a much sharper and stylish look. For a bedroom that already have enough color in it, opt for plain curtains with areas of print on them. Just make sure that the style you choose fits in well with the rest of the room.
4. Use toys as decorInstead of investing in expensive pieces of decor, use your child’s toys to decorate the space. Kids toys are bright, colorful and come in lots of different sizes and styles, making them perfect for using to decorate your child’s bedroom.
Using toys as decoration will also save on the amount of storage space you will need, as you can use shelves and hooks to display them.
5. Be creative with wall artDon’t just use basic shop-bought pieces of wall art to decorate, get creative instead. Think about how you can make the space more personal through wall art.
By framing and using your child’s own artwork in their bedroom, you can add personality to the space and make it more personal for your child. Another way to add a personal touch to the room is by creating photo collages or photo canvas prints to use as decoration or creating a shadowbox with favorite keepsakes.