- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 12 ounces of Gaea Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 ounces milk
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 2 ounces fresh orange juice
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces blanched almonds, finely chopped
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 10-inch cake pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, Gaea olive oil, milk, liqueur, orange juice, and lemon zest. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
3. Whisk until well blended. Fold in the almonds.
4. Pour the mixture into the buttered cake pan. Bake for 1 hour. Place on a rack to cool. Run a knife around the edges and place it on a plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
What makes Gaea stand out from other EVOO's?
This superb ORGANIC, extra virgin olive oil is a must-have in any kitchen. The “Koroneiki” variety organic olives are hand-picked and “cold-pressed” within hours of harvesting, producing an exceptional quality organic olive oil with unique flavor characteristics and fresh aroma. This oil has a characteristic aroma of fresh green olives and a fruity taste. A classic mix of ripe and green olives make this medium fruity oil especially versatile in the kitchen. (MSRP $12.99) www.gaeaus.com