When it comes to snacks, nothing beats a hearty and robust snack mix. The best part is that it's as fun to make as it is to eat, and is perfect for little hands and creative little minds.
Not that you need a reason or a special occasion to make Goldfish snack mix, but here are a few good ones:
- After school snack
- Family movie night
- Sleepover activity
- Goody bags for a birthday party
- Snack for a road trip or trip to the beach or park
- A treat to cheer up a friend
For our Goldfish snack mix, we used the following ingredients:
- Goldfish crackers (Cheddar and Colors varieties)
- Mini pretzels
- Small chocolate candies (fall-themed)
- Candy corn
- Baking morsels (white chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter, or mini)
- Nuts (almonds, cashews, etc.)
- Cereal (oats or chex)
We didn't measure any of the ingredients precisely. Part of the fun is grabbing a handful here and a handful there and combining everything as you please until you have the perfect combination.
Preparing meals and fun snacks are great ways to bring your family together and make lasting memories. Of course, a way to preserve those memories is to snap a photo of the family making memories. Submit a stop-animation video HERE for a chance to win $5,000.
To see complete contest details and instructions, click HERE.
For more fun, be sure to check out the Goldfish "Finn and Friends Mysteries App for your iPad. Available in the iTunes App Store.