Here's what I received in my August 2014 Birchbox (in no particular order):
1. Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator (Received a sample. Full size, $34)
This fave mimics the effects of professional microdermabrasion for glowing skin. Can be used up to 5 times per week.
My thoughts: I love the way this left my skin after each use. It was mild but effective. It didn't leave my sensitive skin irritated or red.
2. ModelCo Shimmer Bronzer (Received a full size, $22)
This lightweight pressed powder gives your skin a natural glow with the slightest hint of shimmer.
My thoughts: I'm not a big fan of bronzer in general, and this one was a bit dark for my fair skin.
3. Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris Fragrance (Received a sample. Full size, $110)
This is the first ever scent from designer Malandrino. It mingles summery fruits and florals to give off an elegant vibe.
My thoughts: I absolutely love this scent, but the price tag is a big intimidating. Putting this one on my birthday wish list!
4. theBalm cosmetics Staniac in Beauty Queen (Received a full size, $17)
This best selling stain gives cheeks and lips a sheer, rosy tint.
My thoughts: This was my favorite item in this month's Birchbox. I've always used Benefit's Benetint, so I was glad to have an introduction to an alternative.
5. Whish Shave Cream (Received a sample. Full size, $20)
This shea-butter packed silky shave cream with a fresh scent leaves skin smooth.
My thoughts: Although I love a foamy shave cream rather than a shave lotion, this one did leave my skin thoroughly moisturized and very smooth.
All items available for purchase at www.birchbox.com.