This time of year when budgets are tight, it's tough for many households to justify making a charitable donation. However, there are a plethora of gifts that allow you to give to your favorite people as well as to your favorite charities.
Counterclockwise from top left:
1. Stand Up To Cancer has been supporting cancer research since 2008. Help make a difference in the lives of the 4,563 people who are diagnosed with cancer each day by purchasing an item from their shop. SU2C has something for everyone in the family including your furry friends.
Items shown: women's logo t-shirt and Alex and Ani bracelet.
2. FEED was created in 2007 by Lauren Bush Lauren with the mission of "Creating Good Products That Help FEED the World." This is accomplished through the sale of FEED bags, accessories, and apparel by building a set donation into the cost of each product.
Item shown: FEED (RED) LOVE 30 Bag
3. Best Friends Animal Society is an animal welfare society that helped pioneer the no-kill movement. Through various programs including spay/neuter initiatives, Best Friends helps to save more than 4 million unnecessary animal deaths each year.
Item shown: squeaky bone
4. Every year since 1999 Build-A-Bear Workshop has supported WWF in the U.S. and Canada through their Collectifriend make-your-own plush animal series by donating $1 to WWF for each plush animal purchased.
Item shown: WWF red panda
5. Product (RED) joins forces with iconic brands to provide great (RED) products, events, and new ways to fight AIDS.
Item shown: Beats by Dre (PRODUCT)RED Solo2 Headphones
6. TOMS' One for One™ Movement matches every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes for a child in need. In 2011, the One for One model was expanded and TOMS Eyewear was launched. With every pair purchased, TOMS helps restore sight to a person in need.
Item shown: Red woven plaid women's classic slip-ons
7. Susan G. Komen helps to save lives through breast cancer research and awareness. Susan G. Komen also offers emotional support and online resources.
Item shown: breast cancer awareness necklace
For more ways to support good causes, refer to this list of 10 non-profit ways to shop good.
Advice Around the House Baking Beauty Best Online Reads Birchbox Birthdays Blogging Events Blogs Books Cats Children's Books Children's Clothing Christmas Cocktails DIY Projects Entertaining Fabulous Finds Family Time Fashion Fitness Food Friday's Fresh Picks Fun Projects for Kids Gift Guide Giveaway Go Green Good Causes Great Gifts Holidays Home Decor Just for Fun Just The Girls Letter From the Editor Life Life Lately Memories Menu Plan New Jersey Objects of My Obsession Parties Pets Product Review Random Ramblings Recipes Seasons Shoes Skincare Starbucks Stonyfield Summer Things I Can't Live Without Travel Type 1 Diabetes Videos Weekend Dispatch What I Want Where I Write Why Me? Wine Wordless Wednesday You Can't Make This Stuff Up Zoo