This is one of my all-time favorite pasta recipes. It's light. It's easy, and it's perfect for any season of the year but especially spring. I've included it in many menu plans, but for some reason, I've never posted the delicious recipe.
CAVATELLI WITH BROCCOLI
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
3 cups broccoli florets
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, more if you prefer spicier
1-1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1-16 oz. package of frozen cavatelli, cooked according to package directions
Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot.
2. Add the garlic and cook until lightly browned. Stir constantly to avoid burning. Burned garlic is bitter.
3. Add the broccoli, salt, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine and cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Cook the pasta according to package direction. When finished, drain pasta and add it to the broccoli mixture. Toss well to combine.
6. Serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano sprinkled on top.
This dish pairs wonderfully with a glass of chardonnay.
Advice Around the House Baking Beauty Best Online Reads Birchbox Birthdays Blogging Events Blogs Books Cats Children's Books Children's Clothing Christmas Cocktails DIY Projects Entertaining Fabulous Finds Family Time Fashion Fitness Food Friday's Fresh Picks Fun Projects for Kids Gift Guide Giveaway Go Green Good Causes Great Gifts Holidays Home Decor Just for Fun Just The Girls Letter From the Editor Life Life Lately Memories Menu Plan New Jersey Objects of My Obsession Parties Pets Product Review Random Ramblings Recipes Seasons Shoes Skincare Starbucks Stonyfield Summer Things I Can't Live Without Travel Type 1 Diabetes Videos Weekend Dispatch What I Want Where I Write Why Me? Wine Wordless Wednesday You Can't Make This Stuff Up Zoo