In this installment of Friday Fresh Picks, I'm sharing the 6 things I've been devouring on Netflix lately.
1. The Fall - This has got to be one of the most disturbing shows I've ever watched, but it's also a very fascinating, mesmerizing look into the human psyche. Jamie Dornan and Gillian Anderson give phenomenal performances as The Belfast Strangler and the law enforcement official trying to track him down respectively. At times you'll want to both look away and keep watching so as to not miss a single second.
2. The OA - I just started this, but within 10 minutes of the first episode I was hooked. The premise of the plot line is that a blind woman goes missing and returns home 7 years later with her sight completely restored. Many are left wondering if she's a miracle or a danger to society.
3. Chasing Cameron - My oldest daughter Emma had a crush on Cameron Dallas, a member of the internet sensation MAGCON. This documentary follows Cameron's life in the spotlight with close examination of the life of an internet megastar and how quickly tides can turn and stars can fall from grace with little doing of their own. A must-see for anyone in the social media biz.
4. Witness - This documentary follows a brother's quest to get some answers about his sister's death. When Kitty Genovese is killed on New York City street, 38 witnesses stood by and did nothing to help. Forty years later her brother takes matters into his own hands to discover what really happened to his sister.
5. The Lion in Your Living Room - A must-watch for any cat lover. This documentary examines the history and evolution of cats and how they became domesticated as well as our overall infatuation with these adorably furry felines.
6. The Impossible - This movie is based on true events that occurred during the tsunami that hit Thailand in 2004. It stars two of my faves, Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor who deliver stellar performances that make you question whether the action is real or staged. Warning: this movie is frightening at times and can be hard to watch due to the reality of the events.
Thanks for checking out this week's Friday Fresh Picks. Swing by the rest of the FFP gals to see what they are loving this week.
Friday Fresh Picks are hand-picked favorite items, reviews and highlights from the amazing women you see above.
Visit their websites to learn about other amazing picks from this week!
To view all of my Friday Fresh Picks posts, click here.