These pancakes were a big hit! They made the breakfast over the top, and they were so easy to make. The bonus was that I had all the ingredients in my pantry.
RED VELVET PANCAKES
1 cup pancake mix
Water (according to pancake mix package directions)
2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp. red food coloring
Powdered sugar (optional)
1. In a large bowl, prepare the pancake mix according to package directions.
2. Add the cocoa and food color and mix to incorporate.
3. Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat and brush with vegetable oil or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
4. For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle or skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Flip; cook other side until golden brown.
5. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
This recipe and photo appear courtesy of FamilyFun magazine.