Who can resist chocolate or cheesecake? I know I can't! And when they are combined, the concoction is undeniably delicious. These chocolate muffins feature a big morsel of rich, creamy cheesecake on the inside, making them irresistible. Trust me, these muffins are EVERYTHING!
Pair them with a ice cold glass of milk for a delectable breakfast or snack.
CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE MUFFINS
For the filling:
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
For the muffins:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Powdered sugar, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups.
2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
4. In another bowl, combine egg, milk, and oil. Pour into the well in the flour mixture and mix until lumpy but well combined.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tine, filling cups about half full. Add 1 tsp. of the cheese filling and top with 1 tsp. of batter.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.