My Crazy, Non-Stop Day from H-E-Double Toothpicks!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011
I don't normally have jam-packed days where I don't have a minute to breath in between events and activities. I'm just not THAT busy. But today was one of those days where I had to literally write down everything I needed to do and everywhere I needed to be because I didn't have one nanosecond to think about where I had to be next.

It all started at...

6:45 am  My alarm went off, and I didn't even have 5 minutes to spare to snooze. I jumped out of bed and into the shower. No rest for the weary.

6:50 - 7:30 I showered, got dressed and dried my hair. If I don't dry it but instead allow it to air dry, it's impossible looking all day. So, I had to dry it before I got sucked into the morning routine.

7:30 - 8:20 Wake up kids. Pry them out of their beds and make their beds. Break up a fight. Brush and style their hair. Of course, both of them wanted the fanciest of hairstyles today. Feed them breakfast. Finish packing their lunches and snacks. Clean up breakfast dishes. Tie the little one's shoes. Break up another fight. Ask myself if it's too early for wine. Strap on backpacks and walk to the bus stop.

8:23-8:30 Come back from bus stop. Clean up remnants in the kitchen. Straighten up downstairs. Head upstairs. Make our bed.

8:30 - 9:09 Apply my makeup and change my outfit twice. I had a media event to attend, and I couldn't decide on an outfit. Finally decided on an outfit with which I was totally unhappy, but time was running out. Took one look at the pile of clothes on the floor and dreaded the cleanup that would come later.

9:10 - 9:14 Gather my directions, cameras, business cards and head out the door.

9:15 - 9:42 Drove to the event. The entire time during my drive I thought about the white chocolate mocha that I wasn't drinking because I was worried that I'd be late to the event if I stopped at Starbucks. I ended up getting to the event 15 minutes early. So, I stopped at Burger King for a Diet Coke.

9:43 - 9:55 Sat in my car and reveled in my Diet Coke. Checked a few emails.

9:56 Headed into the pre-opening media event at iPlay America. Look for a full post with lots of pictures. In the meantime, you can check out iPlay America's Web site.

10:00 - 2:00 Media event. Yes, it was 4 hours long, but it went fast.

2:00 - 2:15 Stood in the parking lot chatting with Beth until I realized that I had to get going.

2:20 - 2:50 Drove home. Again, my drive home consisted of obsessing over that white chocolate mocha that I never had in the morning. I gotta find a Starbucks Anonymous meeting near me.

2:51 - 2:54 Ran inside the house and changed my shoes. I was wearing boots, and it was 72 degrees outside. My feet were begging me to let them see the light of day.

2:55 - 3:02 Drove to the elementary school to pick up the girls. They normally take the bus, but Emma had a broken band on her braces. So, I had to take her to the orthodontist's office so that he could repair it.

3:02 - 3:11 Sat in my car in silence checking my email. It was bliss.

3:11 - 3:25 Stood outside the school chatting with other moms and waiting for the girls to come out.

3:25 - 3:29 Drove to the polling place so that I could vote.

3:30 - 3:44 Voting. This clearly should have taken all of 3 minutes, but you know, it's the government...

3:45 - 4:00 Drove to the orthodontist's office.

4:01 - 4:14 Orthodontist. Quick and painless.

4:14 - 4:30 Drove home. Put the garbage at the curb for tomorrow's pickup.

4:30 - 5: 26 Helped both girls with their homework and made them a snack. Emma didn't finish her homework so we'll had to come back to it later in the evening.

5:27 - 5:35 Spent 8 minutes looking for Emma's CCD folder. Really???

5:36 - 5:39 Drove to church to drop Emma off for CCD.

5:45 - 6:10 Drove to wine store and bought 2 bottles. Don't judge, people. After the day I had, I was going to need wine.

6:11- 6:38 Drove to Target to pick up a few things we need for our upcoming vacation.

6:39 - 6:55 Drove back to church and waited for Emma to be dismissed.

6:55 - 7:06 Still waiting at church until she finally came outside at 7:06.

7:07 - 7:20 Stopped to get take-out since there was ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NO WAY I was going to be making dinner tonight.

7:24 - 8:05 Ate dinner.

8:06 - 8:30 The girls took showers while I cleaned up the kitchen.

8:32 - 9:10 While I helped Emma finish up her homework, Harper fell asleep on the sofa.

9:12 Emma falls into bed, mentally exhausted.

9:12:30 I crack open the bottle of wine and pour myself a big, fat glass of it. I savor the first sip, hoping it will make me forget about that pile of clothes sitting on my bedroom floor.

9:14 I open my laptop for the first time today. And here I still am at 11:34 pm.

Where was the Hubs during all of this? He was traveling today. So, I had to go it alone. :-(

So. How was your day?

No comments